Recently there is a video of a healthy fruit popsicle circulating on Facebook and I thought it makes the perfect snack as an afternoon treat to cool off that heat. Weather in Singapore has been really really unforgivingly warm.
To make a fruity popsicle, you will need:
- a popsicle mold (mine is from Tupperware but daiso has a pretty cool set with a straw to suck up the left over “juice”)
- An assortment of fruits. I am using 1 kiwi, 1 mandarin orange and about 1 tablespoon of blueberries
- 1-2 cups coconut water
- Wash, peel and slice the fruits accordingly. Place them into the mold.
- Pour in coconut water till full.
- Cap and freeze in the freezer.
I really enjoy the refreshing coconut water as the base of this ice cold treat. Coconut water boosts hydration which is perfect for such weather, a natural isotonic drink. It is also said that it helps in digestion, reduces blood pressure, rich in many nutrients. I try to avoid the canned ones that contains certain amount of preservatives and sugar. If we can, we try to get it fresh, if not Refresh by UFC would be our next better option.