I love pasta. They’re filling, warm, saucy… Everything I want in a meal especially if I want it fast. It allows you to get creative with the ingredients to create very different pastas and I’m hoping to do the same for Allie’s.
Introducing, Allie’s first encounter with pasta.
I picked up this pack of baby pasta stars from the supermarket, not knowing if they’re be too chewy/big for Allie (who just turned 7 months then). But I thought I’ll just give it a try and if she shows difficult in swallowing the pasta bits, I’ll just blitz it all up in the blender.
But my worries were dumbfounded because Allie totally enjoyed her dinner, and even gestured for more (Sorry darling, I couldn’t help eating some too while cooking)! What a pleasant surprise!
For the curious, I chose carrot as the pasta sauce base because tomatoes are acidic and I felt Allie could wait a little longer before trying it. And since I had a ready stash of carrot & ginger puree in the freezer, I decided to go with it. I topped the plain pasta with some rosemary & onion minced meat and guess what? The results were pretty amazing. I wouldn’t mind having this for dinner myself! This recipe is a keeper.
- 1 freezer serving of carrot & ginger puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp baby pasta
- 1 tsp rosemary & onion minced meat
- Put water and frozen purée in a small pot and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Add baby pasta into the pot.
- Stir and cook it until the baby pasta is of soft enough a texture for your baby (add more water to the pot of the water has evaporated).
- Sprinkle minced meat on top of pasta.
Give this recipe a try. You will not be disappointed!